Thursday, September 15, 2005

Unfortunately...

... my mind is racing tonight and I can't sleep. I'm supposed to be on the road to the ATL (etc) this morning at 8am E, and I don't see how that is going to happen at this point. If you happen to be up between 7 and 8am Eastern Time, give my cell a buzz and see if you can make it happen.

I have several disjunct and incoherent thoughts tonight, so don't think I've gotten into the meth or anything... it just happens.

1. I've been working on this tune tonight, and frequently find myself doing these menial everyday things while thinking about the place in a song in which I find myself. In my mind, I see the characters sitting still, waiting for me to tell them what to do or what to think. I literally will move clothes from the washer (or things even more menial which we just don't talk about in blogs, now do we?) to the dryer, and see the supposed face of the singer of the song staring at me waiting for the next move he's supposed to make. This is weird.

2. I just saw a mid-night rendezvous by way of away messages between two people that I know. It was sorta like sleeping in the den of an RV with an amorous couple in the master bedroom. I should have been born poor, British, and without genitalia. I quit.

3. I'm heading home to see my brother in the morning. He's in Orlando (the big "Oh!") in jet school for his new job, and is only in town for a few hours. Then I'm off to Athens until Monday, before the Gwinnett thingy on Monday night. I will be back in Nashville early Tuesday morning. If you read this and you know me, you know where to find me, and I would love to hear from you.

4. [Portion of post about one's perceived relevance removed due to whine factor. It will have to do to say that there is stupidity going on in portions of my existence.] Again, I quit. You can have my cards, just don't bend them.

5. I don't know my theology just yet. But I keep waiting for this great big reunion to happen, when everyone I ever cared about will be in one large venue with a keg and lots of sausage balls and celery and ranch dressing. A reality with any component of justice must include a reunion at the point when the house lights come up. I think that's what Heaven is supposed to be.

6. Never shower in water that has been soaked in human feces.

7. If you aren't listening to the Michael McDonald Motown album and Marc Broussard's "Carencro," then you are missing out on an essential part of life. Thank you Ken Simps0n.

8. I have found my local coffee shop in Nashville that makes coffee without putting it under the hood of a Peterbilt truck before brewing. When (not if) you come to see me, we will go to Caffeine and grab a cup. It will cure almost anything that ails you.

9. I agree with Paulwesterdawg. The only reasonably just outcome of the Fl-Tn game is a collision with a meteor.

10. Go Dawgs! Beat, um, Indians? Really?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link

paul

Molly said...

Carencro is fantastic...

I love Gavin's song... bonus track at the end.