Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's been a while since I had a coherent thought for a non-bulleted entry...

... and that drought will not end tonight.

• Now who told me to put Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle on my Netflix queue again?

• A second Atlantan named Hank in 50 years does something important. Good on you.

• Scary to think, but I may be at four or less games this fall.

• Gunner called today. It was great to hear the voice, and it made me realize how rarely I talk to people right now. He seems happy but misses everyone (Wow, genius. Didn't see that coming.)

• I am fairly bummed about living in this apartment for another year and not really making as much money as I would like to. But then I think about it, and realize that if I didn't have to live some place that I don't really care for, then I will have no stories when I am old and have nothing but stories left.

• The tv was on in the background today and I heard someone whine, "Life isn't worth living if you don't have someone to share it with." I cursed aloud at the television. What a stupid thing to say for multiple reasons, especially on tv.

• Kit, Stacy, Russ, and Chris: Wish I was there.

• DCI Quarters, Thursday evening at 6PM Eastern at your local cinema. Get your tickets here.

• Somebody give me a Hoo-ha Two Times Tuesday!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Russell said...

Hoo Ha!

Brett said...

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael said...

Oops, didn't mean to do that....we'll be watching in KC. Let us know if you want to join us.

Brett said...

Thanks. I would, but that would put me home way after my bedtime. I do need to get to KC at some point though. I've never been.

Chris said...

Hoped up on Nyquil. Coherant (sp?) thoughts are over-rated.

georgiagirl said...

Anyone in the ATL wanna go?

Moose-Tipping said...

Philosophical moment: Though I'm sure the commercial meant that you need a romantic interest, if you think about it, everybody wants somebody to share their life with. You're sharing your life with us (your loyal b-log readers) a few times a week. I do the same thing. We like to talk about our experiences, to rant, to rave, to laugh, to cry, to make fun of stupid-ass Gators...

We all need to do a little sharing.

Brett said...

I know what you're saying. I guess my point is that the statement is ridiculous. Perhaps it's intended as hyperbole, but I don't think so. I think it's someone that can't deal with being alone - which in and of itself is fine - and would rather be dead than learn how to entertain themselves.

As I'm sure you have learned at a pace similar to the one at which I have, you can have days weeks and months spent alone which are no less valuable than if they were spent with company.