Sunday, December 02, 2007

The B(C)S

I am sure that Georgia will get its title in the not too distant future. And I am sure that I will be excited when it happens. I will unfortunately have to pinch myself before I get too many drinks into the celebration. I will have to remind myself that there is no national championship.

The "Football Bowl Subdivision" is too big to determine a champion, which is exactly why it is the only sport and division in which the NCAA does not recognize a champion. So we're all, myself included, getting worked up over something that doesn't exist.

But I did take a few things from this weekend:

- Kirk Herbstreit and ESPN are both whores.
- LSU made a mistake by giving Les Miles an extension. They caved and they will regret it. Les Miles sold his soul to the Devil, and he should begin feeling a special warmth in his ass-area any minute now.
- Georgia has every motivational item they will need for the Sugar Bowl, and every game next year (especially the LSU game). I am not the first to say that I hope they associate the disappointment they feel tonight with the way they played on October 6.
- I would be remiss if I didn't say that the BCS is bullshit. Ask a Mizzou fan.

Mark Bradley says it better than anyone in a column that insures that I will continue to read him for some time to come. It took me four words of Terence Moore's column to remind myself why I am not, however, a subscriber.

2 comments:

That guy said...

Just last season, Kirk was saying how even though Florida won the SEC, that Ohio State and Michigan were still the best two teams in the country and should play in the championship game -- regardless of who won what conference championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHkADG4UQjE&eurl=http://www.dawgsonline.com/

Tool.

Matt T said...

ESPN has way too much sway over this, everyone was talking about how hot we were, until Saturday and as soon as Pitt lost, they were all singing their praises.