Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A bit of rambling

Yet another month or so has passed, and I still haven't become confident enough in what I wrote about my politics... story of my life.

Meghan has been terribly busy at school. I have been pretty busy myself between taking care of the dog, going to physical therapy, and working. Not surprisingly, we find ourselves exhausted every evening. It's nothing new to most of you. But it is a bit of a bitch that once we find the person with whom we want to spend our time, the rest of our life insists on encroaching on our personal time more than ever. I'm looking forward to summer.

The Nashville Thing is encouraging. Next week, I am heading up for the third consecutive month. I will have a guitar lesson (my first one ever), a couple of co-writes, and have a chance to be heard by a couple of folks that may be able to help. I have done a pretty solid job of keeping the writing half of my New Year's Resolution. Much like exercising, I am always amazed at how much writing consistently improves my subsequent output. Yet, for some reason, I seem to be knocked off track after a while. And starting back after a layoff can be tough.

Physical therapy has been fine. I think it is a bit of a rip-off - especially when a therapist starts you on exercises you have been doing in the comfort of your own home, tends to another patient while you do them, and then charges you for the privilege of using their table for the exercises. I know it's important. But I hate the way all three therapists at two different establishments have done things.

That is all.

1 comment:

georgiagirl said...

I had a similar experience during my first round of PT. That's why I like Steve so much. My ab exercises and massage and electronic stimulation was done in a private room. The only time he left me was when I was on the stationary bike. But I completely understand your frustration. On the positive side, at least you feel better!