Wednesday, December 06, 2006

O Holy Night

Do it, but make sure you have your throat lump remover handy. For me this is where this show became un-missable. Unreal.


(Hat tip: Michael Ledford via Facebook. Thank you!)

Still expect the single on iTunes without dialogue tonight. Also, expect me to transcribe the living shit out of that arrangement... surprise.

Edit: Thanks also to Amos who called today and turned me onto "Tromb0ne Sh0rty," who is - not so oddly - the featured trumpet player. You can find more info at his website and at his myspace page. Thanks Amos!


Edit 12/10/06: At one point in time, there was a video above of the version of "O H0ly Night" from Studi0 60 on the Sunset Strip. It has since been removed. You can buy the whole episode from iTunes if you want.

9 comments:

Russell said...

That show is so effin good.

Russell said...

Any idea of who the featured musicians are?

Brett said...

Well, the NBS, er NBC website lists the following:

Troy Andrews, Trumpet
Kirk Joseph, Sousaphone
Roderick Paulin, Saxophone
Frederick Shepherd, Saxophone
Stephen Walker, Trombone
Mervin "Kid Merv" Campbell, Trumpet
Bob French, Drums

Can't be entirely accurate though, because that is not the correct instrumentation

Chris said...

Loved that epi!

Brett said...

Actually, that might be closer than I thought... I looked right past the word "Sousaphone." I still haven't heard a drum in the thing.

Dave said...

Wow...

So I listened to a couple of the trombone tracks on his website... turns out he does that pretty damn well too.

Oob said...

Throat lump remover ineffective.

Unknown said...

Did you transcribe this arrangement? I'd love to buy a copy if you did!

Brett said...

I did but it was on the computer that was stolen. Maybe I'll get back around to it some day.