Saturday, October 13, 2007

Things that make me happy

In no particular order...

Hoodies (on me)
Butter (on my gir... nevermind)
Candlelight
Learning new stuff
College football
Having a coach who doesn't put up with shit
Typing with a beer in one hnad
Fall weather
Neck rubs
Scalp rubs
My girlfriend
Sandals
My girlfriend's accusations of "mushy blogging"
Finishing a song, and doing it well
Salty mashed potatoes
Calm
Using the phrase "the hell" in the middle of any sentence
Learning that Teflon was once used on missile noses
Brown paper packages tied up with string
Morning
Grandparents
Made-up fight song lyrics
Checks written to me
Ceiling fans

I have been thinking lately that being cool may not be all that it is cracked up to be, and that maybe being giddy and simply tickled to be alive, well, and happy is. Perhaps I will try the latter for a while.

3 comments:

Corley said...

Glad that you have such a list. How many of those can you put in combination at one time?

Whitney said...

trying to be cool is definitely too much work. I would have said that being cool is too much work, but I wouldn't really know that

Unknown said...

being cool is over rated. its so much more fun to be a big ole dork and laugh at yourself and your friends for being silly and loving life and each other. welcome to the dork side, heehee.