Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just For You

Here's an unoriginal, but likely entertaining, exercise that can be blamed indirectly on Meghan. Below I am posting the list of ten recommendations under the heading "Just For You" on my iTunes account. My list is definitely less indicative of my own musical taste than those of others will be, since I purchase music that I need for one of my day jobs through iTunes. I'm doing it anyway.

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours...

1. Suite of Old American Dances, Mvt. V (R.R. Bennett) - Col. Lowell Graham and the U.S. Air Force Band
2. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
3. Who Can It Be Now - Men at Work
4. Sailing - Christopher Cross
5. Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
6. Rock 'n' Roll All Night - KISS
7. Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
8. These Dreams - Heart
9. 867-5309 / Jenny - Tommy Tutone
10. Happy Together - The Turtles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I caused this, I'll start...

1. Only Wanna Be With You- Hootie & The Blowfish
2. Don't Stop the Music- Rihanna
3. In the Meantime- Spacehog
4. I Like It, I Love It- Tim McGraw
5. Proof- Coldplay
6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Dave Koz
7. O Magnum Mysterium- Robert Shaw
8. Start Me Up- The Rolling Stone
9. Crazy White Kids- Chris Rock
10. Around the Way Girl- LL Cool J (really??)

Adam said...

Silly itunes, you know me so well...

1. Tangerine-Dexter Gordon
2. Quicksand-Sleeping at Last
3. Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again-The Fortunes
4. Blue Skies-Frank Sinatra & Tommy Dorsey
5. De Boatmen’s Dance-Matthew Heumann
6. Midnight Sun-Lionel Hampton
7. The Doc of the Bay-Otis Redding
8. Tomorrow People-Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers
9. A Night in Tunisia-Dizzy Gillespie
10. A Different World-Bucky Covington

Brett said...

Alan from Gainesville writes:

I can't post a comment to you from school. iTunes is here though. So, I'm emailing you the comment, which you can post. It's a VERY VARIED list...

1. Panis Angelicus - Jessye Norman, Royal Philharmonic
2. Vesperae solenes de confessore in C Major - Mozart, Berlin Philharmonic
3. Per Quiche Dollaro in Piu (For a Few Dollars More)
4. Feedback - Janet
5. Enter Sandman - Metallica
6. Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers Band
7. Lick It Up - Kiss
8. Hopelessly Devoted to You (Instrumental Only Version - No Lead Singer) Karoke
9. Le Nozze Di Figaro, K. 492 - Magdalena Kozena
10. Voices Carry - 'Til Tuesday

Alan

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little embarrassed by my list. It's like the musical equivalent of a trashy romance novel.