Friday, December 30, 2005

• I am pretty sure I was in line behind this guy at the Taco Bell tonight.
• The Big E joins us. In order to avoid confusion with tha Big C (who thinks I am a stranger!), I will call him Erik. He really likes that.
This is cool. (Subscription required… you should be reading the paper anyway, even if you don’t like the slant).
This isn’t (diteaux). What the hell is the point of a Sug@r Bowl P@rade without beads and boobs. Absolutely pointless.
• I was reading tonight, and it occurred to me again. I keep waiting for this big thing to happen.. a miracle, a revelation, an epiphany, or something. I think that’s foolish… I think it is always happening.
• The smell of a dryer sheet from the dryer vent reminds me slightly of waiting for the babysitter as my parents were going out on a Saturday night when I was a kid. When you add a touch of cheap perfume and the sound of Mickey Gilley, it reminds me of it a lot. Our babysitters were twins, and (I swear on the future of good whiskey this is true) their names were Daphne and Davina. I wonder what they wound up doing.
• Heading back to Atlanta tomorrow for bowl and new year activities. Back on 1/3.

6 comments:

the big c said...

yes, and well I wonder if commenting consitutes talking since one isn't supposed to do that with strangers.

Speaking of strangers...upon your return to your city of residence don't be alarmed to find...oh...18000 college students and quite a few folks running around like crazy in matching tshirts, trying to figure out the last minute logistics of moving them around the downtown area.

Brett said...

Oh, is there another sale at Camo Shack? Maybe that's what I've been waiting for.

Just messin'... I would love to know what's going on, if you check back.

the big c said...

Yep you guessed it and being it looks like you already have those lovely pants....

It's a christian conference for college students, more info at www.268generation.com/passion06/ if you really want to know. And one of those matching tshirt people who volunteered to be there walking around on a cell phone, drinking a cup of coffee, and looking like they haven't slept in days will be the big c.

Brett said...

That is cool. I hope it goes well. Try to get some sleep while you're up here.

Special K said...

Have safe travels and GO DAWGS!!!

Mr. Oubre said...

Were the twins hot?