Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Results of Christmas and Randomhood

I enjoyed a great trip home for Christmas. Russ has pics of the Sweater Party, which I thought was a blast. After hanging one more day with the Blog This and GeorgiaGirl, I headed to my folks’ house.

I’m pretty well convinced that the bed in which I slept at my parents’ house was dressed with brand new sheets… brand new as in unwashed. They were rough enough that I actually had a strawberry on one knee.

I took very few pictures, but here are a couple. This one was right before the present-opening began. The family has gotten big enough that some gifts have to go on the fireplace in order to facilitate walking through the den. It’s really rather ridiculous.
Tree

Here’s a pic of the boys (my nephews). Only some of you will know what I’m talking about, but it’s hard to believe that it was almost five years ago that I was canceling the Hawaii Party Part 2 in order to go to the hospital on the night the oldest was born.
Boys

I asked for two large gifts this year, expecting that I would only get one of the two. I didn’t get the accordion. I did get this.
WeightofLove
Needless to say, this was a hell of a lot of fun to drive from Atlanta to Nashville. It was even more fun unloading it from the ‘splorer into the apartment.

I liked almost everything I got, but I think I might take this one back.
Camos
Talk me out of it if I should keep them.

Random:

• It is supposed to rain tonight. I’m excited.
• I have been eating like shit since my birthday. I’m not doing that New Year’s resolution stuff, but I am over this. I would start tonight, except the bowl trip will blow it.
AHayes was back in town for a day. We had a blast as always.
Adam Evans is now linked on your right. He’s a former student, a good friend, and probably the most intensely loyal Georgia Bulldog I know. Enjoy.
• I’m-a head back to Atlanta Saturday for the big New Year’ Party and the bowl trip, which isn’t really a trip at all.
• I’m ready for the fall right now.
• AHayes talked with me about a song on the radio called “The D0llar.” I don’t really care for the tune, but it reminds me of a thought I had from my childhood. At about 4 years old, I remember asking my mother where Dad went every day. She told me he went to work. I asked why, and she responded that he went to work to make money. At that moment, a mental picture entered my head that has never really left. That was of my Dad standing above a desk, intently depressing a lever on a machine attached to said desk, and watching pennies fall from the machine into a bucket. Yes, he was making money.

3 comments:

Special K said...

Glad you had a great Christmas.
I'm just wondering though, since you need friction to cause that strawberry, what were you doing in that bed so close to Cumming?

Russell said...

1) The camo pants...It is my understanding that you, being a resident of Tennessee, are required, by law, to, at the least, *own* a pair for such occassions as hunting, fishing, bar mitzvahs, ramadan, grocery shopping and of course...song writing.

2) Tell Hayes I want to take a lesson from him next time he's in town. But that is under the assumption that his rates are reasonable and that I don't have to grow my hair out for the lesson.

Oob said...

Get thee to the "returns" counter. Nonononononono. And no. I forbid you. The fashionista has spoken.