Saturday, May 13, 2006

Just Another Day in DisneyLand

Thursday
I am still preturbed at the hand I went out on at the freeroll I played with Russell on Thursday night (my first). Russ endured a bad beat early on and was a real trooper as I continued a streak of beginner's luck well into the tournament. It started at 60-something people and we were down to 25 or so. I sat with about 25,000 chips. I was dealt A-A (there were no possible flushes) and bet half of my stack in late position (about 3.5 times the BB). Chica across the table calls me.

Flop comes 8-9-10, and I move all-in to guard against the straight, thinking she wouldn't have called the bet with Q-J. She called and shows K-Q.

Sunuva...

Turn: J. River: Expletiving A.

I lost with three Aces to a broadway straight. Unfortunately, the only thing that made me want to do is play again.

Friday
Went to a meeting in the Ville von Snell, and then procedded to the Classic City. I just missed the governor speaking to the band, and the picture of him in a shako has not yet made the news.

I then enjoyed the send-off performance and not enough time with good old friends. Afterwards, Gunner and Trina and I enjoyed one of those almost perfect Athens evening of bullshit and my observation of their discussion of military tactics. I miss the days when that was easier... and it is about to become even more difficult, but only in the name of fulfilling one's potential.

Saturday
I'm sitting in my favorite place in the world, enjoying a perfectly breezy spring day at Walkers, while observing the aftermath of commencement. It still chokes me a bit to watch all those people soaking their last few minutes in Athens with their families, while conveniently failing to point out that the drain grate that they just passed was the one where he threw up after a long night on Clayton. This is what it looks like from my seat"

FromOldBlueSky

... and here is a distant look at the folks crowding to get their picture made in cap and gown at the Arch:

GraduationAtTheArch

Some things never change.

Off to a T-ball game and then Myrtle Beach now. This hasn't been the best of weeks, so for me, last week ended yesterday.

1 comment:

Oob said...

I love that I know *exactly* where that is, and just seeing it brought back awesome memories.