Friday, September 22, 2006

Obligatory "What the Hell Are You Doing" Entry

I am somewhat devoid of thought right now. But because the internet exists, and blogs exist, and blog-readers exist, and somehow I still exist, it is incumbent upon me to write something on my little piece of internet real estate. I think it's going to be an update entry combined with random time, which I absolutely hate. But I don't have anything interesting to say about life, death, love, college football, music, failed athletic marketing campaigns, moving, momma, trains, prison, or gettin' drunk. So here you go.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with bullets.

• You may have guessed from the smell or the background noise that I am in Athens at Walker's for the second week in a row. I often think Walker's loses money on me, because I sit and plug in and use their kilowatts, while only paying a total of $3 for two cups of coffee.

Then I think of the multiple ocassions on which Trina and I have run $80 bar tabs here, and I realize that they are making money on me.

• I played poker with Galarza and Russ last night. It was my worst finish ever in freeroll poker at a bar. That's really not saying much since it was only my third time, but it's much more dramatic to say it was the worst ever.

• Based on the noises my Explorer has been making, I'm afraid I'm going to have to purchase a new vehicle before the end of the year. As I look at cars on the road, however, I can only find two models that I like. This is not good.

• Is an older woman a good idea? Like 38, not like 70.

• Often when people say, "There's just no substitute for" something, they are incorrect.

• The practice of assigning the name "martini" to any liquor drink in a martini glass pisses me off. It didn't bother me, however, before I started drinking martinis.

• I worry that I might one day act like I drink martinis.

• It's official. I will be missing the Tennessee and Miss. St games. And, I will not be able to watch the Kentucky game.

• I think the homeless problem in Athens is really getting out of hand.

• Some people do freckles well. Other people don't. The girl that just walked into Walker's does.

That's it. I'm spent. Got nothin'.

5 comments:

galarza said...

a martini is a martini and has NOTHING to do with what glass its in. and yes, you will feel better about yourself when you are drinking a gin martini out of a martini glass. this is how i got thru college.

Adam said...

I think I've mentioned it a time or two, but I'm looking to replace my Explorer as well. The only thing that interests me is a Ranger (same car) or a Nissan with good gas mileage.

I agree on the freckles account. It can be pulled off very rarely though.

Ludakit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ludakit said...

1) Dating an older woman? Yes, if she's hot. Then it doesn't matter what her age is as long as it is above 17 and below "needs Depends."

2) Freckles work on redheads if done right. They look best on brunettes with great bodies, a beautiful face, and lots of money.

3) Good to know you're in Athens. See you tonight/tomorrow.

4) Go Dawgs.

Oob said...

I rock my freckles. End of story.