Monday, March 12, 2007

Come on! Baby, don't you wanna go?

I am home and worn out from Chicago. Here are pics from the remainder of the trip.

I managed somehow to omit this picture of a lego man sitting on a bench outside the Lego Store from my Friday collection. It just seemed photo-worthy, so here:



Saturday, we took a trip up the Sears Tower. While I took several pictures, none of them really does the view any justice. Also, none of them replicates the feeling of the building swaying in the wind. I wonder if people who work there ever get used to it.

This is a thawing Lake Michigan from the 103rd floor of the tower.



After a tour of the city, we ended up at Millenium Park. One of the coolest features of the park is this piece of art. I seized the opportunity for a skewed picture of myself. I'm the one on the middle left, wearing the blue jacket and in need of a good stretching.



Late that afternoon, we wound up at the Navy Pier for dinner. I finally walked all the way to the end.





Last but not least, I took fifty high school students to hear the Chicag0 Symph0ny. In the midst of hearing some Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven 5, I took the following unauthorized picture.



As I was walking out of the concert, I ran into (of all people) J0hn Lynch (the newly appointed Direct0r of Bands at my alma mater) and Amy Kn0pps (old friend via Knight). We spoke briefly and then I had to get back to work. It stuns me how small the world is.

Sunday morning, they loaded a bus. Five minutes later I boarded a shuttle for Midway and was home by 1:00pm. It was then that I learned that my parents were in Nashville making an offer on a piece of land. I went to see it, and it is beautiful. This is a picture of what their front porch view would look like if it rested on a fuzzy and incredibly enlarged version of my finger.



Work and hopefully a little time off of my feet over the next two days. NYC Wednesday.

2 comments:

galarza said...

the lego man creeps me out.

Michael said...

Have fun in NYC. I look forward to more pictures!