Sunday, February 10, 2008

Boobs! (and other far less significant bullets)

• I was sick for most of last week with what I would once have called "Strip Throat." If I have to be sick, that's about the best I can hope for... no puking, no grody pooping, little fever, and a sore throat.

• When I went to the doctor to check on my condition, I received a bit of a shock. The only things a doctor has ever told me to do were to stop a habit that I quit long ago, manage a habit which I recently began to manage, and to exercise. That changed last week. He told me two things, one of which was to lose weight. I am still a little blown away by this, since it was the first time I had heard it.

The other thing will be something I'll keep an eye on. I'll let you know if you need to know.

• Meghan is slated to be a bride's maid at a wedding this July. She went to Atlanta today with the other members of the wedding party for the second attempt to find dresses. As a part of the day, they all went to Intimacy for bra fittings.

Meghan reports a very unfriendly experience at the Atlanta branch of Intimacy, which is located at Phipps Plaza in Buckhead. After working with her "customer service" representative and sharing her opinions regarding this first couple of items she was given to try, the employee more or less left her in a room with twelve bras without offering further assistance. The employee could also be overheard telling another customer that she would prefer to work with her than Meghan, which the employee made apparent by not returning to the fitting room. That's about the time Meghan walked out.

• And in other news, I'm getting worried about Munson.

5 comments:

Corley said...

Thanks for the use of "grody," today's 80's Flashback Word-of-the Day.

Anonymous said...

So, it turns out that we might score some free swag from Intimacy because Laura emailed the manager...and Oprah. That girl knows how to get it done.

Also, word verification is tuhbo. I think google is trying to tell me something.

Oob said...

You go, Meghan! God, it's bad enough to shop for these damn things. Aren't chi-chi stores like this supposed to make it easier??? GRR. Ah, but it reminds me of the good ole days at VS. Four words for buying a strapless bra: "Jump up and down."

Ludakit said...

Hope everything's well. And don't fret about the doc telling you to lose weight. He's been telling me for years and did I listen? Hell no.

In other news, buy stock in Krystal. I'm getting a hankerin.

Moose-Tipping said...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that if I shared any boobie experiences of Jamie's on my blog, I'd be toast. Kudos to Meghan for understanding that if there's one thing (two things?) that fascinate men, it's boobs.