Saturday, January 05, 2008

New year, same old damn bullets

• School begins for Meghan this coming Monday. This would mark the official end of the holiday season, and that bums me.

• Speaking of the end of the holidays, I went to Cumming Forsyth County yesterday to help Mom and Dad remove and store the Christmas decorations. For those of you who have never been to my parents' house, you should know that Christmas items are to their home during the holidays as cuss words are to a federal prison. It took a little over five hours to get everything down and packed away.

That is, by far, the most depressing thing about the holidays - putting Christmas in a box, and putting that box in the basement.

• In more positive news, Georgia is slated to play Georgia Tech in basketball in Athens this Wednesday. Officials are hopeful that there will still be five eligible players enrolled at the university at tip-off.

• I was in line at a fast food restaurant this afternoon. The gentleman who was delivering the food through the second window had a large visible tattoo on his bag hand. And that, to me, was just strange. In my mind, I imagine people who get tattoos as very proud individuals. To plunge in stature from one worthy of tattoos to fast food employee seems like a significant fall to me. I don't know. Whatever.

• It seems like I have to trim my fingernails every other day. The frequency has begun to bug me so much that, after realizing today that it was time once again, I whined audibly about it. To make matters worse, this will theoretically continue for the rest of my life. That prospect is a little more overwhelming to me than it should be.

• If you're a fan of Lost, then you may know that the (probably strike-shortened) fourth season begins on Jan. 31 at 8/7c on your local ABC station. You may not have been aware that billboards for Oceanic Air have been popping up in certain key cities. If you are as crazy about this show as I am, you may enjoy visiting the site mentioned at the bottom of the boards, when/if you have time. I never thought I would like this show as much as I do.

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

I guess you stopped chewing on your fingernails if you're noticing them growing. jk. I'm trying to blog more often again... without all the bitchiness.