Monday, October 24, 2005

Hello from Outer Space

I'm sitting in one of my former offices, waiting on a phone call that will enable me to handle some last minute business on campus for an old friend. In the meantime, I thought I would preempt complaints of my non-bloggedness by, um, blogging.

The weekend has been great as it usually is when it's spent in Athens. I spent the first four nights at JNC's, which gave a lot of great friends a chance to drop by and say hello. Wednesday, I caught up with Trina. Thursday I literally sat alone in the Cubmansion and actually listened to music. The very thought.... Friday I wrote, got to pick on Ln, laugh at Russ, and become wisdomized by Gunner. The next night, I enjoyed the parade as well as dinner with a mentor and his family. There was a ballgame in there somewhere (damnit, DJ) the next day, which was followed by more Trina, more Gunner, more Cub, Brett-analysis by Chief, and time well-spent with my replacement. Sunday was jazz, followed by dinner, desert, DespHouse, and on-and-off movies with my very dear friend Sarah. Tonight I teach a seminar and then a little more hanging before heading back in the morning.

It's funny. I worried so much before I left about how I would get by. Almost daily, something else pops up. I find myself with more work than I would have imagined and having more fun than I would have imagined, all while doing what I have wanted to do for a long time. Life is good.

2 comments:

brian said...

I am glad to hear how happy you are! Good to see you last week...

Dave said...

Thanks for posting Steve's link - did not know he had a site. I need to go listen to some Dub!