Monday, February 13, 2006

Bulleted List Post # 18 (even more approximate)

• Sorry, Leslie. I have chili wrapping up in the crock pot right now, and it smells better than any company I ever had.

• To pass the time (when I fry on music) I have resurrected “Twisted Metal” on my PS2. Suddenly, when I venture into the real world, I drive like shit.

• Kit, what’s your plan?

• I watched Lord of War tonight. You may not have heard of it. It’s not half bad. If you’re at the video store and don’t see anything you like, it’s probably worth a look. Horrible script, some good acting, some really interesting production, and a neat story that will bug you if you don’t have at least a hint of liberalism in you somewhere… well, it will bug you regardless. But it will piss off pure Republicans.

• In one type of sorting, I put human voices into three categories: those whose timbre I can recall immediately, those to which I can get close, and those I can’t. Here’s where you fall into these categories. I have listed everyone I think reads this and some people who don’t. Let me know if you read this and are not listed. I will promptly correct the oversight.

I can easily internally reproduce the timbre of the voices of the following people:

Knight
Corley
Ln (I have one hell of an audio recording that assists me)
Serena
Wolfe
Oob
Big Oob
Joy Lynn
My sister-in-law
Daly
Warren T
Bryant
Candy
Will
Alan
Chief
Adam H.
Leslie
Trina

I can internally produce a moderately accurate facsimile of the timbre of the voices of the following people:

Russ
Cale
Gunner
Erik M
Probst
P. Walters
My mother
My father
Lambert
My brother
Lindsay
Kit
My grandmother (maternal, alive and kicking in her late 70’s)
Tony

I can’t really even get close to internally reproducing the timbre of the timbre of the voices of the following people:

Sarah S.
Molly
Charles
Ginnie
Hagood
Natalie
Galarza
My grandfather (maternal, deceased 8.5 years)
Traci
Adam E.

I hope I didn’t leave anyone out. I really miss the last group a lot, because I can’t pretend to talk to you.

• Some new pictures for you.

Robe
The robe at the hotel room last month in Savannah, in which I was sooooooo tempted to wander to the Office with nothing underneath, but, alas, never did. There's always next year.

Steeple
Bet God's pissed about this (note the right side of the picture). Click to enlarge (if it were only that easy).

SnowTonight
What this weekend's snow (which amounted to 0" [is that a lot?]) looks like when taken by a camera with the flash on.

SnowG
You don't see this often. I don't know whose butts those are. For the record, that is snow, and it is not dandruff.

5 comments:

Ludakit said...

I was just about to ask you the same thing. Hit me up after Jack Bauer Power Hour and we'll get a plan.

For the record, however, I'm still coming if I'm still invited.

hfluem: AKA The sound my lungs made all last week.

That guy said...

If you need a reminder of the timbre of my voice, just put on a Barry White record. Oh yeah.

Molly said...

my timbre is unreproductable!

nrzmnju

Dave said...

cool, I'm timbrely recognizeable. that's something, right?

Adam said...

Maybe the most entertaining post I've ever read.

I apologize for not having an easy voice to remember. In place of my actual voice, just watch any old Shelby Foote (RIP) interview and imagine that's my voice.

Damn you non-regional Oconee County accent... Damn you proper English...