Monday, June 12, 2006

Cough, wheeze, try to breathe (not the same as being breathless)

There is so much to tell and no time to tell it, so here is a brief summary and some brief very random (yet somehow associated) thoughts.

1. Week one of the camps was quite successful for the first five full days. On the sixth day, things got very hectic and the wheels threatened to come off. It was salvaged and all ended basically very well.

2. I was pegged to sing "Amie" by Pure Pr@irie League on the staff recital last week, in bluegrass style with several closeted practitioners of hillbilly music. It was pretty good, but I had started noticing as the performance was approaching that my vocal range was suffering. Twenty minutes after the performance, I couldn't sing the part correctly. I figured that this was due to our having raised the pitch to accomodate one of the other vocalists.

The next morning I woke up with a cough, and my body began aching as the morning progressed. It was at this time when one of the clinicians said "I went to the doctor about that on Monday. It was strep throat... they gave me a shot and it cleared right up."

Thanks!

Sure enough, I too had strep and had to see my old doctor for antibiotics. I was out of commission for about a day. It's still wearing off.

3. I enjoyed seeing the Georgia game on Saturday (in spite of the loss) with Scorly and Trina. We had a nice afternoon together as well (while I worked).

4. Today, the second camp started with far more complications than the first. My stress level rose through the roof, and I began to recognize my reactions to that as those of myself when I lived and worked here. I am simply stunned at how much that can affect every other portion of my life, and I don't particularly care for the reaction. This, yet again, confirmed for me that I made the right move.

5. I have had quite a bit of trouble breaking away to work, but I hope that will improve this week.

6. The level of bullshit in my particular former corner of this town is at an all-time high.

7. If you haven't already heard, we are drinking in Gunner's honor this weekend. You should be there.

1 comment:

Oob said...

Hope you feel better! Don't stress too much, and know that we'll be sharing pitchers soon enough...