Monday, April 23, 2007

Just plain bullets

• Yay for GeorgiaGirl, and her impending recovery. Also yay for Galarza surviving to her birthday this year. Also yay for Dave and Bean for coming back south, Trina for removing a portion of the thorn from her side, Big Oob for the beer he bought me last week, Probst for his hoop-jumping being nearly finished, and to Warren T for having reasons not to blog. Also yay for spring... and peanut butter.

• Because Gunner's blog is down, I will have to post my latest haiku for him on my own blog. (*Insert sound of clearing throat*)

Boo ooo ooo ooo ooo
Boooooooo ooo ooo ooo boo ooo oooooo
Booooooooooooooooo ooooooo oooo damnit

• It has begun to occur to me recently that the dumbing down necessary when writing a song for popular consumption involves more than just avoiding big words. That is getting more and more difficult.

• I recently grew a beard, much to the delight of Big Oob. Then he called me Chris Elliot in the parking lot of his school, which I thought was funny. I called him the OxiClean Guy.

Then, I was at a bar the other night, and the only thing anyone bothered to say to me was to ask me if I was told that I looked like Chris Elliot a lot. I was a good sport as usual, but then I remembered why I shaved my beard the last time...

and out comes the razor again.


I mean come the hell on!!!! Wouldn't you have a complex? At least Gunner's doppelgänger's character is a marine who gets to yell at people a lot and has the cute wife (I do not mean Delta Burke).

• I have two brief Charlotte trips remaining on my schedule, then I finally get almost a whole straight month in which to finish the bulk of the rest of my work for the year.

• AMC seems to have become a much cooler channel over the last several months. I'm not sure if it's because they have changed what they broadcast (er, transmit) or if it's because I'm getting older.

6 comments:

Mr. Oubre said...

Great blog, FUCKER!!!! :) Loved having you here. The OxyClean guy is pretty good!

Chris said...

so, was that a pic of you or Chris Elliot?

Michael said...

I consider Fletch to be an American Movie Classic.

Oob said...

I just giggled for about five minutes straight. Mr. OxyClean... I could just hug your neck, Brett!

Russell said...

"Powered by the air you breathe"

Dave said...

Thanks for the "holla"... good to be back below the sweet tea line.