Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The bullets are up and the battery's down

First person who can identify the reference in the title will receive a gift certificate to Webvan in an amount equivalent to my 2006 contribution to my 401(k). Brief bullets tonight while I recoup. More details tomorrow.

• I was actually briefly scared for my life (or something like that) for a few seconds tonight. Film at 11.
• Here are some things that I routinely forget:
- The name of Gunner's new place of employment.
- Laura M0ates birthday.
- The words to the chorus of "Rocket Man."
- What "FBO" stands for. (Fixed Base Operator... I looked it up.)
- To shave.
• I predict that, by the end of the week, several of us will refer to this week as having been "eventful."
• Purchase and consume hot dog on a Manhattan street: Check.
• Win BracketThis in a fluke: Check.
• To Iran I would like to present the following souvenir of my trip:

The ass of the Statue of Liberty.

7 comments:

That guy said...

It's not Gin and Juice is it? G's up, ho's down...

Probably not.

Adam said...

I googled is, which means I must remove myself from competition. I'm such a cheat. I should have gone to Auburn.

Vita said...

New York, New York: in many respects, truly a Wonderful Town.

Also, your clever placement of "bullets" made me wonder just how appropriate it might be. Not so much: apparently, Bronx crime rates are happily on a massive decline. I guess the Battery isn't the only borough that's "down."

Yours truly: raising dorkdom to new heights since 1981!

Brett said...

Good, L.G.

I have been on a Bernstein binge again. I was also in your neck of the woods... both the up and the down parts.

That guy said...

Wow, I was way off.

That guy said...

But there is one thing I can help you with:

"Burning out his fuse up there alone."

Mickey McCale said...

Damn. I'm way too slow. Thought I was going to be money with the "On the Town" reference. Oh well, snooze you lose, lol.....