Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Here's a great quote

I'm working at a fever pace, or is it fevered pace? I'm quite sure it's not LeFevre pace. There's no hidden meaning there, though I did once know an older woman on the Sudler Committee named M@xine LeFevre. She didn't move very quickly, at least never with me.

I think that paragraph would qualify as a digression, yes? Please make a note of it.

In any case, I am working pretty hard to finish up several pieces of horn books so I can get to Nashville on Thursday and Friday, back here Saturday through Monday, and then off to Myrtle Beach Tuesday through Saturday (yes, the next one... I haven't figured out how to travel back in time... yet). So I don't have time to offer a significant bit of insignificant gibberish (yet, I somehow have time to digress, and now even to reference my own digression. Yes, Kit... wow). But I do have time to share with you one of my favorite quotes. Here goes.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." -Gilda Radner

If you know anything about her, this probably makes perfect sense. If you don't, it might be worth your time to look into it. Here's a start: She was the first person ever to be hired as an SNL cast member. Truly a beautiful human being. She's gone, but we still have Roseanne Roseannadanna.

No comments: