Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The System is down. The System is down.

1. I can only read like three of the 91,000 blogspot blogs I normally read. Some of you have obviously pissed God off, because I can’t see your rants. Or perhaps there’s just some sort of server problem with Google. Right.

2. Thanks for posting, Will. For the record, the line “Non-bloggers go to hell” was not an imperative, it was a warning. I’m looking out for you.

3. Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, owwwww. At about the time the dentist finished my second tooth today and my discomfort level had risen to a 2 (out of 2), he said, “See, this is why we usually don’t do three of these all at once.” Nice, considering that you never gave me an “option.” Just take my money and shut up.

For the record I am not an anti-dentite.

4. Everyone has done something bad. I don’t mean something a little bit bad, like taking a mint out of one of those $.05 charity bins without paying for it. I mean like really bad… bordering on treason or blasphemy or really bad taste.

5. Would someone who has a background in law or a friend that does tell me what this thing means:§. I have obviously missed something along the way.

6. I think Carrie wins.

7. I failed to mention yesterday that I had downloaded a lot of Hall and Oates. I know that makes some of you hate me, but it is. Let’s make sure, those of you who sit around and talk about music with me, that we discuss their shtick.

8. Back to the teeth thing for a second. I managed to consume ¼ of a McDonald’s strawberry milkshake with a ¾ numb mouth, with nary a drop on my shirt. Saaalute (me)!

9. Nine is the loneliest number. Wait, that can’t be right. I’ll still bet it’s pretty lonely though.

10. My favorite Ben Folds lyric, as of right now:

“We were talking ‘bout something
Seems like was funny
Then Steven got quiet
I think Steven was mad
Maybe he wasn’t mad
But it felt very strange
For a moment
But the moment was passed
And forgotten about.”

11. (For my neighbor only): Sorry about the sound of glass breaking. Hope I didn’t wake you up.

5 comments:

That guy said...

Any particular reason for that to be your favorite Ben Folds lyric?

While we're on the subject, if you haven't heard his cover of 'Bitches Ain't Shit', you're missing out.

Michael said...

I do not think that the greatness of Hall and Oates can be argued. They really came into their own after they began producing their own albums. I still say, and many seem to agree, that Daryl Hall is the greatest white soul singer of our time.

Michael said...

P.S. 1/4 of a shake, consumed by 3/4 of a mouth = 3/16 of a wasted afternoon.

That guy said...

Either Daryl Hall or the dude from Chicago. Growing up I always pictured him as this burly black man. My world came crashing down when I saw some old concert footage and realized he was this average looking white guy...

Michael said...

...and then there was Peter Cetera