Thursday, June 30, 2005

"This is it" (sing it like Kenny Loggins w/ M. McDonald)

I’m being brief again tonight, but not so much in the undergarment sense.

I was on jury doody from 9am to 4:40pm today. I was quite tickled at this. I think I will be able to link you to a related story next week, but until then, I am one of a very few guardians of the people’s secrets. It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it (*grabs crotch, spits, is embarrassed when saliva and a fair amount of phlegm from his current summer cold inadvertently land on his sandle-laden foot, runs to bed, sucks thumb, and passes out reading Curious George and the Fight for Social Security Reform*).

As it is after midnight, today will be my last day as an employee of the Univ of Ga. It is already strange, but it’s cool.

As mentioned in my digression above (left my Ritalin in the props truck on the way to the Tennessee game in 2001) I have a bit of a summer cold. I am insufferable, though I think that is the dumbest word ever. I know, I know, it sorta makes sense. But I hate colds, and am certainly suffering at a level previously unknown by humans beings. I am just as oppressed as the Rwandans*, and I don’t like it one bit.

To make matters worse, Trina beat me in football tonight.

Notes: * - This is just stoopid.

No comments: