Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fastest Gun in the Mid-South

I am wiped. Some quick bullets, then bed.

• For my trip south, I bought a couple of albums that I felt like I should know but didn't. One of them, Stand Still, L00k Pretty by the Wreckers, is the best sounding album that I can remember in the genre in a long time. If you like modern country music but want something a little less predictable than most of what you hear on the radio, this is it.

The bad news is that their language is a little more honest than most of what you hear on the radio. So those of you with kids may want to listen before playing it with the yoots around. And considering what the target market is for this type of music, that may be a mistake.

• From the "No, I'm Not Kidding" Desk: The new B0n J0vi album is getting its final mix right now, and it will reportedly be marketed as a country album. Those of you with Apocalypse Meters should keep those things close by. If you hear anything, call me immediately. I'll need a head start.

• It (the air, that is) is supposed to get down to 18 degrees tonight.

• The new clothes dryer arrives tomorrow morning. It will be nice not to have to drive to Marietta to do laundry. The Bean's honesty and blogging consistency are noted and acknowledged by way of the link on your right (my left).

• Gee-em-ee-YAY! was great. Several people have mentioned this already, but I always enjoy getting to see old friends and colleagues, including Big Oob, Alan, Wolfe, and Erik. Gentlemen, it is always a pleasure to spend time with you. On the way there and on the way back I got in a little bit of time with Kit, Russ, and GeorgiaGirl as well.

I have probably said it before, but I believe that any existence that is remotely just has to end with the good people around the people they care about. Days like the last few remind me of that. I really hope that's the way it is.

More soon.

2 comments:

Bean said...

Score! I now have three official links to my blog! (and that makes me happy)

Moose-Tipping said...

::light bulb::

"Fastest gun" and "quick bullets"...

Oh...

...I just now put that together. I'm a swift one.