Monday, July 11, 2005

The impending madness

Here’s my sched for the next two weeks. This is as much for my benefit as it is for the alleviation of your boredom. As goofy as this may seem, I swear on all that is fit for primetime that I will print this and use it as a datebook.

Mon-Wed: Write drill… write lots of drill, and maybe two arrangements. Pack the stuff that Ln didn’t throw away. Finish typing my exit notes (I’m on page 14, and I just got into August [starting in July]). Put the scattered crap in my former office at the Hugh into boxes, and get ‘em “thu hayull” off of university property. Have dinner or drinks with some friends. Be Athenian.

Thurs: Drive to the ‘twood. Sign lease. Pick up keys. Pay rent for 17 days of the month, of which I will spend exactly four in the apartment. Play with garbage disposal. Giggle. Stop when I become alarmed that my left index finger got too close for comfort to the dyna-mega-stealth-titanium blade. Remove fuse from circuit which powers said disposal. Drive to Comcast offices to get cable connected (don’t ask… it’s not my fault). Return to Athens. Continue being Athenian.

Fri: Realize that I have failed to pack something, probably an entire room or class of possessions. Pack said items. Get the truck. Make approximately four trips to the Potter’s House. Here, I will dispose of unplayed board games (damn, “Truth or Dare Jenga” sounded like such a good idea at the time), misguided gifts from ex-girlfriend, items I unwisely accepted from individuals who were moving, and items that I was “sure I would have a use for” yet somehow never did. Begin packing truck.

Sat: Finish packing truck. Leave essentials for Russ (who will be utilizing the floor/air mattress as he gigs). Drive to Cumming (huh). Drop off things that my parents said I could have “as long as they never return to this house.” Continue the convoy to Nashville with Trina, Gunner, Chief, Diva, and the as-yet-un-nicknamed younger son of the Gunner. Unload truck. Bitch about something because it is not in Athens. Say bye to all but Trina. Have a drink and play NCAA 2006 with Trina (if I can get it). Sleep (hopefully).

Sunday: Wake up later than planned (I am planning on Noon EDT). Say hi to Russ. Say bye to Trina as she takes Explorer to Athens. Try to talk Russ into helping me organize my filing cabinet. Write drill. Go to the Bluebird and see Writer’s Night. Come home, have a drink. Play some type of game.

Monday: Wake up (hopefully). Organize house. Do something fun. Wait for the cable guy (?).

Tues: (see Monday)

Wed: Get up at the butt crack of dawn to get Russ to Mar’etta for his retail gig. Meet Trina with the Explorer. Return to Athens. Clean the old place. Write drill. Be Athenian.

Thurs: Clean. Write. Athenian. See the new guy and help him decipher the garbled mess I have left him.

Fri: Shave. Clean. Write. Athenian. Leave the key and say bye-for-now to my dear friend and neighbor. Head to the mountains for two days of inadvisable behavior.

Sat: Inadvisable behavior continues.

Sun: Aftermath of inadvisable behavior makes itself known. Drive to Clinton, SC for a camp. Revel in doing the band thing again.

Mon-Fri: Band thing.

Sat: Band thing wrap-up. Join the Funkles in Seneca, SC for a guest spot.

Sun: Return to Nashville.

Mon: Be Nashvillian.

By the way, neighbor Sarah hooked me up with a free washing machine to replace the one I looked at wrong. The old one had two knobs. This one has five, and I can already tell the difference in the cleanliness of my clothes. Grazi!

I’m scared, but not really of the things that you would think I would be scared of. I’m gonna be fine, and I’m starting to look forward to parts of this. Parts of it are going to suck. And that’s fine too.

7 comments:

Mr. Oubre said...

Got time to meet an old office buddy for lunch this week? Call me- you have my cell or my school number.

Oob said...

*HUG* I'm proud of you. I wish I could be there to help!

Will said...

What time do you want to meet at the Bluebird?

Brett said...

I think writer's night starts at 6. Are you serious?

Will said...

Yes, Natalie and I are making plans to be there right now.

Brett said...

ooooh! I'm going with Nashvillain!

Oob said...

MMMMMMWWWWWOOOOOOHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH.