Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Our house, in the middle of our street.

Hi, all.

I know I haven’t told you much, and unfortunately I don’t have much more to tell you… or, better said, I don’t have time to do so. That will change.

I’m in the place. Everything that ln didn’t throw out is in the place. Russ is asleep on the couch (note the singular “couch”), Jamiroquai is playing very softly on iTunes. The unpacking and hanging (no Volunteers were harmed) is basically done, with the exception of the Strang Originals to be hung in the bedroom and the “Kind of Blue” print that will be housed there as well (Pat Metheny is now playing).

The den is basically an homage to the Dawgs and my (wow) thirteen years in Athens. It’s really kinda cool… neat phone camera pic from Russ to come from the mantle and my signed footballs and basketball. Minor early issues with the washer/dryer connections, sticky doors, and non-functional land-line jacks have been solved. The abundance of crap that used to reside in a back closet has been reduced to a Cliff’s Notes version of the original abundance, now stored carefully in boxes in the bedroom closet.

In more real terms, I consciously know that I am here and am not currently suffering from any withdrawal. I can tell that the back of my head is saying “but that’s not where your bed is” and “you haven’t been to the office today.” Fortunately or not, I head back to Georgia tomorrow (Tuesday) to do some wrap-up work at the mother church and enjoy some time with dear friends, along with old apartment cleaning. This may help ease the transition, but it is ultimately delaying the inevitable. A part of me is ready to move on to the inevitable and get on with the business of fulfilling this dream, or fantasy, or destiny, or stupid prank… whatever the hell it is. Limbo’s getting old, and I’m looking forward to productivity.

And that is fine and good. I'm sorta into anything right now... limbo, homelessness, unemployment, hypoglycemia, humanism, protestantism, loneliness, socializing, spackling, charity, movie rental, conservatism, mud-bogging, surfboarding, education, dry goods, and pest control are all in my near future.

For now, I have some loose ends to tie up, great friends to thank, and work and sleep to do.

3 comments:

Oob said...

*Hugs* Glad the journey was safe and non-annoying. You've been in my thoughts. Travel safely!

Ludakit said...

Dude, one of the best things to do is watch the Food Network. Trust me, that shit comes in handy.

I'm also there with the "movie-renting" idea because I think the people that will hate to see me leave the most are the ones that own the Movie Gallery here.

Dave said...

Limbo sucks, but you'll be through it soon.

Don't dwell in the middle of transition. You've made this decision with resolve, and you feel strongly that it is the right decision for you. Embrace it, and enjoy it!

Remember - you're not doing this alone... there are many upon many in your corner.