Saturday, July 30, 2005

Wrap up

Last night in Clinton, SC. On to play with the Funkles in Seneca tomorrow night, then through Athens for a few minutes with a great friend (possibly two or three? boys?), then to Dacula to see the newest nephew for a few minutes. Then it's back to Nashville.

And this time, I'm physically alone. And that's cool.

I am just amazed by what this band is doing with what we put together. I love things that are singularly special, and this seems to be one of them. I have said this out loud a couple of times, but this show is what I have been trying to write since I was 17. I hope they keep it up... if they do, it will be a really special fall.

Record: Some of you won't understand this, and don't worry about it if you don't. But I wrote a note or two in this show that I knew would haunt me in a good way. No one knows like Sarah S. does about the way that music in certain commercials causes my brain to stop and me to tune out everything else and listen. Those moments are in this show, on purpose, and they are doing that to me tonight. I love that. I hope someone else out there gets those moments.

I am really happy to be free to do this. And I'm really happy to have the opportunity to write those moments in stuff that might reach more people. I know I am doing a piss poor job of explaining this, but I am digging the freedom... the experience, in spite of the poverty.

When I was 14, I thought I would one day be rich. I had no idea.

2 comments:

galarza said...

no one is lucky enough to do their dream job or even a job they love. congratulations.

Oob said...

You sound busy, but happy. And I am happy for you. (Thinking of you too.)