Friday, April 14, 2006

I hate creative ruts, but it seems that I have been in one for a few days. In order not to sit there and think about what's not happening, I've done the only three things I know to do:

1. Keep trying.
2. Change the routine.
3. Get out of the apartment.

Number one is working somewhat. The results of number two and number three remain to be seen. However, in the process of doing so, I saw a show tonight at my favorite coffee shop in town. For obvious reasons I will post the name of neither the venue nor the artist. Let's just say the person is an up-and-comer.

Long story short (if that's still possible), I witnessed a performance meltdown on par with the worst nightmare any Athens musician has ever had. Naturally, it was the band's fault (as I clearly remember from my old job, it almost always is), and everyone handled it very gracefully. Nevertheless, it was selfishly comforting to see that there is a hitch in the creative giddy-up of someone other than myself. Things are looking up, I reckon, or at least sideways.

No comments: