Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Successes and Works in Progress

I'm back, yet again, from Athens. It was a wonderful but all too brief trip. The Gunner's Tuesday concert was expertly programmed and conducted. I was very proud of his work, as were all of us who made it back for the to-do. Good show, old friend.

As Gunner and Russ will tell you, it's very nice when several of us can get back together for a little bit, though I admittedly miss the days of being able to do so on a whim. Following the concert, the Gunner, Chief, Russ, and Trina sat for a spell at the 283. Every imaginable conversation ensued, as it usually does. It's funny... at the moment when you hear the Chief laugh, any time or distance that had separated you from your dearest friends is then confirmed to be gone.

Here are two pics:

RussAndTim
The relieved Gunner and the newly employed Russ on the East.

BrettAndLeigh
The laughing Leigh and the apparently bloated Brett on the West.

I promise that Trina was there, but somehow she didn't get in the picture. If you look carefully though, I think you can see a little bit of her aura at the bottom or the first picture. Or that could be my finger.

Congratulations to Russ as well for retiring the retail gig and returning to a field he loves. You'll be great.

If you blog and you don't review your material on a regular basis, I recommend going back to the beginning and reading your entire output every now and then. It is amazing how much things have changed in eighteen months.

I'm the middle of that phase of work where the ideas are more scarce than normal. This will change but the sooner the better for everyone's sake. Wish me luck, send good thoughts, or have a beer for me... whichever you prefer.

....... oh, and MT and Cranberry Goddess, thanks for the memories, but I can't figure out who either of you is. Drop me an email and let me know when you get a chance. Thank you!

No comments: