Monday, August 29, 2005

"I'm stayin' up. Wooooh!"

Thing #1 - Name that band.

Thing #2 - In the style of Warren and Russ...

Dear Weather Channel,

I realize that you are trying to better "brand" yourself by changing your music to "Foxnews-esque Variations on Our Audio Logo" for Loud Drums, Synthesizer, and Fake Piano during Local on the 8's. But I really used to enjoy basking in the shame (the type that can only exist in one raised hard-core protestant and trained in the classical musical tradition) of enjoying the occasional Pat Metheny or Rippingtons that you used to play. So, I present a simple "either/or" request:

Could you please either:

1. Go back to playing that naughty, naughty Quiet Storm music, which I will probably consider "sensual" by the time I'm in my 40's.... or
B. Could you play the second movement of the piece. This one is getting old.

Grazi.

Thing #3 - I swear on all that is holy that the following phrase is in the latest advisory from NOAA for the greater NOLA area: "WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS."

Wow.

2 comments:

Russell said...

Band? Why Dayroom of course

Brett said...

10 millibars for Russell... see, we have a hurricane theme... 'cause... there's.. a... hurricane... co.. never mind.