Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Sh*t is Katrina, K-A-T-R-I-N-A, I said the...

Wow. I'm totally not messing around on this.

My sleep schedule is completely whacked. At one point in time I would have treated my insomnia with a nightcap, but those days are gone. Now, I just kinda suck it up and lay in the bed until I fall asleep.

When I went to bed at about 1:30 this morning, the We@ther Channel was talking about a Category 3 which could become a Category 4. I just sorta thought, "You know what, it looks worse than that." Somewhere around 3:15 this morning, it moved to a 4, and it just seemed like it would get worse.

When I finally fell asleep around 7am, it was still a 4. When I woke up a little after 2 this afternoon, it had become a 5 and the whole world was freaking out. Obviously this thing is pretty serious, but I didn't and don't understand why they were underestimating this thing, especially as devastating as it could be in New Orleans.

Our weather calls for gusts over 60 mph starting in the early morning Tuesday. It's the wrong kind of quiet outside, and lots of people are at the grocery store. No, I didn't buy milk and bread. Every good southerner known that milk won't keep if the power is out. The answer is beer and pork rinds (though I bought neither).

But that's nothing.

Man, I hope you guys in Louisiana are taking care of yourselves. I promise to resume my disdain for LSU as soon as this thing clears up, but seriously... duck and cover... stop drop and roll... put your right foot in and shake it all about... whatever.

But take care.

2 comments:

jules3882 said...

Oh no! LSU probably won't be able to play North Texas on Sept 3! Whatever shall we do???

Ahem...

Watch the Dawgs kick some Boise State Bronco ASS!!!

georgiagirl said...

LOL!