Sunday, January 01, 2006

Coffee drinkers: When you drink coffee from a coffee shop, or heaven forbid chain, that uses the lids that rise from the top 1/4" with the very small hole in the top, how do you drink it? Do you:

A. Look at the hole, noting its location, then use your visual memory to determine the placement of the lid to your lips.

B. Raise the cup to your lips, then determine the location of the placement of the cup based on the tactile sense in your lips.

C. Raise the cup to your lips, then determine the location of the placement of the cup by sticking your tongue out slightly until it finds the hole.

D. Gamble by simply gulping, also known as "sipping by faith."

E. Other. Please specify.

Heard more than once last night: "Happy new years."

5 comments:

Michael said...

I always place the hole in the lid directly across from the seam of the cup. This prevents the cup from leaking all over the front of your shirt while drinking. When I grasp the cup, if the tips of my fingers are on the seam, then I know I am "good to go."

Dave said...

I use a similar lid/seam relationship, but because of my partial OCD-ness I feel the need to reassure myself that the hole is indeed in the correct spot - usually by the method outlined in "C".

galarza said...

i wait until i spill the coffee thru the lid onto my hand, and then curse and remove the lid. then i drink said coffee. no holes involved.

Adam said...

B

I always drink the coffee with these tops while looking at the makr my nose makes and then thinking how similar is it to when you press your face up against a window. Then I ask myself which is more rewarding, the laugh from a smushed face or the taste of the coffee? By this time I'm usually not paying attention to whatever it was I was trying to do and I then drink another sip and inevitably burn my tongue.

Or I just don't use a top.

Adam said...

makr = mark