Saturday, January 07, 2006

Not much to say today, and that ain’t all bad.

I’m kinda getting back into the routine, and trying to make that routine happen earlier in the day. I get together with a couple of new co-writers next week, and that will be nice. I’m on a bit of a reading binge right now, and that has been a lot of fun. I’m somewhat devoid of ideas for tunes right now, but every now and then I remember a new experience or a familiar feeling from the break that could result in something new. I think I’ll just wait for it.

I also have two projects for Special K and the Big E, which are wrapping themselves up right now. They are a lot of fun, and I’m excited about both of them.

I observed recently to a couple of friends that my life is slightly backward, in that my job is writin’ music, and my hobbies are running a corporation and taking care of myself.

Someone told me once that John Lennon said that, “Normal is what everyone is until you get to know them.” I think that’s right, and if I am, I’m glad that’s the case.

No comments: