Friday, January 20, 2006

• Happy birthday to Molly!

• C@le is blogging now. He's employed and in school at the institution of my former employment. Good guy. Check him out if you want.

• I've always had this really weird, almost trance-like, reaction to a specific kind of music on car commercials and music that sounds like it. Watching the last part of Cl0ser with Sarah some time back, one of those songs played that totally has that same effect (maybe I'll go into more detail in the future, but it is really amazing how much one of these tunes can affect my emotional state... and I think she probably witnessed more than anyone when we would hang out). I watched the whole movie today, and it turns out the tune is "H0w S00n is N0w" by The Smi+hs. Now that I've found it on the internet, I can completely freak myself out any time I want.

• After all that to-do from last night about starting a tune, I proceeded to complete the most wrist-slittingly depressing song I think I have ever written. Not depressing like it makes people cry. Depressing like "Jesus, dude. Lighten up." We'll try not to do that again for a while.

• I've been enjoying this little tome of late. If that sort of thing interests you, I highly recommend it.

No comments: