Monday, March 06, 2006

Money, the Blue Bar, and my not returning to Athens

I'm tired of bullets, but this will be random anyway.

I think having to fairly aggressively earn every dollar I make (rather than getting a guaranteed paycheck every month) has made me appreciate my money quite a bit more than I did before I moved. I have started to notice a change in my spending habits, and that I tend to try to find ways to spend my money that might offer me a potential return, rather than spending it on something that will depreciate. This has got me thinking... I won't say about what yet, but I am thinking, and that can be dangerous.

I went to a show tonight and met this guy, who happens to be a cousin of the guy at the top of this page. Cool. I also ran into this guy, who I heard on my XM radio just the other day. I think I found my new favorite hangout.

Lastly, I am not sure how many people have heard this, but I feel the need to address it. There is a nasty rumor that says that I will return to my old job in Athens this fall. While I miss Athens very badly, and the people moreso, I have moved on and love Nashville. There has been and will be no discussion of my returning to UGA in the foreseeable future. The only circumstances under which I would return are 20-30 years away and involve entirely different conditions and responsibilities than were present when I was there. So... tell your friends, your enemies, and even those you don't know.

You can't go home again. It kinda sucks, but it kinda doesn't.

2 comments:

Adam said...

"You can't go home again. It kinda sucks, but it kinda doesn't."

Oh how true that is. With my not getting into Georgia, I'm excited to get away from home, but it's still home. It kinda sucks, but it kinda doesn't.

Brett said...

mmmk.