Monday, March 20, 2006

Russell's Retreat

Blog Pong (or whatever the hell his name is) came up for the weekend. We had a blast between watching hoops here (I worked when he decided to take a nap), a little heads up poker, more basketball, a movie, a trip to a local dive, and more poker. It was quite good.

Since then I've been working on Erik Part 2, and making some preparations to travel a bit for the next few days. I'll be in Washington, DC this Thursday through Sunday, then in Chicago next week. I don't know what my bloglihood will be during those trips.

• In other news, I have been having a very pleasant conversation with a person online. Unfortunately, the emails are getting so long that it is taking 3-4 hours to write them. There must be a change.

• There will be a Nashville Star discussion group beginning tomorrow night, though I don't know how heavily I will participate.

• Newsradio Season 3 comes in tomorrow. Yay.

• I have been revisiting the tune "Automatic" by the P0inter Sisters. This may be bad, but I kinda like it (except not right now... the synthesizer solo is making me giggle). When I did basketball band, I always wanted to have two tunes ready for time outs before late game free throws:

- "Automatic" when we were shooting,
- "Pressure" (Billy Joel) when the other guys were.

I departed having never been prepared for that possibility.

No comments: