Sunday, March 12, 2006

This will only take a second

The trip to Atlanta which was originally slated to last 16 hours wound up lasting some 75 hours, and for reasons which were good.

I originally planned the trip just to make a 6pm meeting on Wednesday. I decided I would stick around for a little trivia after it was over, where I got to see Rob and Galarza in addition to others who will be mentioned later. I had managed to make some appointments in Atlanta for Thursday, which made the trip make more sense, so I decided to stick around for a day. This also made a trip to Gainesville to see Night One of Special K's Broadway Show. I'm really glad I was able to go and witness an educator thinking independently about the best way to educate, along with the very cool results.

Upon returning to Mayretta on Thursday night, I became aware that a couple of old friends that I don't see very often were going to be in town Friday night. Knowing it would be at least six months before I would have a chance to see them again, I stuck around to see the Maley's, along with Kip (who I do get to see every now and then) and Am0s's friend from school. We had a great time catching up and hanging out.

Today, Ln took me clothes shopping in vintage stores. I wound up getting six shirts for a shade over 30 USD.

Lots of work coming up, along with a visit from the Memphians and then Blog This, or whatever the hell his name is now.

No comments: