Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Now Playing

Sunday afternoon I headed (predictably) to Atlanta to get an accountant I know to look at my taxes. Although the money portion of taxes is disturbing at best, the unnecessary (and I believe deliberate) complication of the paperwork is the most troublesome to me. Fortunately, there are people in the world who understand taxes, and even seem to take some twisted sort of pleasure in their completion. I suspect it's a God Complex. In a world where only death and taxes are certain, I suppose the only people who get God Complexes are medical doctors and tax professionals.

Aaaaaanyway. After my tax activities and an all-too-brief amount of socializing with Russ and Ellen, I am back in my native Nashville working my ears off and loving it.

Speaking of ears, on Thursday I will take my little computer and get on an airplane. That airplane will take me to Orlando, Florida. My brother will then pick me up in an SUV and I will spend the better part (if things go well) of five days at Disney World. I suspect that most of my time will be spent watching my nephews enjoy themselves, but maybe I can talk someone into sneaking over to Carousel of Progress or Small World or something cool like that.

For the record, I actually like Disney World way more than you would ever think I do.

Lastly, I always like to know what music my friends are listening to at any point in time. After finding out, I then like to tell them what I am listening to, completely overanalyze it, talk about its greatness like it's going to change the future of humanity, and then spout off some theory or lyrical gobbledygook that no one but me gives a shit about (which is Reason Number 7 Why Brett Is Single).

So instead (with apologies to Stacy's sidebar, the Random Ten at Hey Jenny Slater, and almost every user of LiveJournal), I've decided to tell you what I'm listening to every now and then. The initials P.S. stand for Post Script. The initials N.P. stand for "Now Playing." Join me if you like, or just read mine.

N.P. - The Police: "King of Pain"
P.S. - What the hell?

3 comments:

galarza said...

1. taxes are fun. if they're not fun to you, you're not doing them right. :)

2. i stole the 'what i listen to now' from emily. she did a 'i'm reading now' section. i ran with that. i steal a lot of bloggy stuff from other people. i'm what you would call either a kleptomaniac or not creative.

Adam said...

You have a fellow Disney World fan. It never gets old. Even though it's a little dated, the Carousel of Progress is a great experience.

"Now is the time, Now is the best time, Now is the best time of your life!"

I'm still a little pissed about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride though.

Chris said...

If you have never been to Disney Land in California, it is good for at least one visit. Not nearly as big as D-World, but if you are ever out that way, I would make time to see it.