Thursday, February 01, 2007

A post without a title (shit!!!)

• I have given 30 R0ck a chance lately, and I think I like it. I am thinking Russ will disagree with me.

• Speaking of Russ, I had a dream the other night that he came after me with kitchen knives. I am thinking of hiding all of the utensils the next time I stay at their home.

• One of the shows I am writing right now (no, Alan, not yours) is driving me crazy. It is misery, and I'm ready for it to be over with. When I say I have about two-and-a-half minutes left, I wish I meant that literally.

• It is amazing how it rains when it pours when it comes to money. Along with 1099's from way too many places, the last two days have also seen the discovery of four fraudulent credit charges and one significant erroneous debit card charge. For their "help" in my attempts to rectify this and clear up other charges which are no longer necessary, I would like to thank:

- Pricestore.com (Motto: "Any credit card number will do, as long as you are happy."). Thanks for checking the security code on the credit card numbers you charged for some subscription that you can't even identify. Oh wait.
- XM Radio (Motto: "I understand that you no longer have an XM Receiver, but we have several special deals that you may want to take advantage of.") Thanks for hanging up on me, then giving me shit as I tried to cancel my subscription. Thanks for making me resort to "If we can't do this quickly then I will purchase Sirius when I get back into sattelite radio." Everyone knows how I love to be nasty like that. Asses.
- The Mulberry Inn - A Holiday Inn Hotel
601 East Bay Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401
(912) 238-1200
Fax (912) 236-2184
mulberry@princebush.com
(Motto: "I didn't hear a word you said, but we'll take care of that, sir. Enjoy your stay.")
Thanks to the Mulberry for not following my instructions to charge my personal debit card instead of my business debit card. The overdraft fees that result from the sheer incompetence of your front desk staff sure were a treat when I discovered them when checking my accounts today. Neat!
- Bank of America (Motto: "How can I be of service to you today, other than by doing something helpful?") Special thanks to you for 1. Not giving a damn when I told you about the four (4) fraudulent charges on my credit card and 2. Not bothering to notify me about the overdrafts in my business account when you have my email and INSTRUCTIONS TO NOTIFY ME IN THE EVENT OF AN OVERDRAFT. Guess that sorta defeats the purpose of running one's business account dry at the end of the year, huh?

• The strangest development of all has come about as I have realized that things aren't good. Song-wise, I have written as well or better than I have in years. Maybe the people who live in their cars are onto something.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I find it ironic that you and I both wrote an entry about how bad Spank of America is treating us. I feel your pain... really...

Michael said...

I closed my Boatman's/Nationsbank/Bank of America account years ago. I got a huge sense of satisfaction when they handed me that cashier's check.

My last two banks have been of the small, local variety. I have never been happier. (Well, I've been happier...but I'm talking about my banking)

Russell said...

Damn........