Friday, February 23, 2007

The things you think are precious I can't understand

With the exception of a very few shows that I really want to devote time to actively watching, I have recently begun to leave the television off. I am not watching anything that I didn't want to see before it started. I am not leaving the television on when I am not watching it. In the brief few days since I began this, I have been stunned to find out how stupid I am when that box is telling me:

- What to think
- How soon the world is likely to end
- How Jesus helped determine the outcome of several Super Bowls™
- How prophetic “Oops, I Did It Again” seems to have become
- How many news anchors can say “Britney Shears?” and continue to think they are clever
- How deserving of sympathy Anna Nicole Smith was
- How Nancy Grace is a candidate for fourth-in-command in the upcoming expansion of the trinity
……. and ………
- How toenail fungus is probably going to be my demise.

Now that tv isn’t telling me how miserable my life is, I seem to have forgotten. Television tops the list of things I have recently decided to ignore. But it’s the only one I care to share right now. I feel a little like I have taken the red pill.

1 comment:

Chris said...

But Brett... How are you going to know what Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston did that day!?!?