Sunday, April 17, 2005

At least I had the weekend

This weekend has been great, and there are still 8 hours of it left.

Neat gig with Tim and Leigh on Friday. I got to sing an old favorite for a lot of people, eveningdream about some pretty cool auction items (of which Tim and Leigh won a very cool one), and see how the other half lives. After the gig, Tim and I stopped by the Idiot to say hi. I ran into some old friends, and ten minutes turned into an hour.

Saturday, I did a last-minute scoring project for a local church. The music minister asked me what I would charge for the work when he brought it to me, and I was feeling particularly easy-going. I told him just to get me a gift certificate for dinner somewhere. When I met him yesterday to give him the materials, he gave me the gift. The church was quite generous with the meal amount, so some lucky person will be having dinner with me at a very cool Athens eating establishment. Be nice to me.

Saturday night, the Classic City Grilling Project met once again with much success. In attendance were the Gunner, the Chief, the Diva, the Secretary, and the Secretary's couch-envious significant other. Trina beat me in football in a VERY close game.

Today is writing and cleaning and maybe coffee or food with a friend or two.

I'm writing a tune right now, and I don't want to give the hook away until I'm finished. But the idea is one that seems to apply to me right now: When I'm twice as old as I am right now, I bet I will wish that I hadn't sat around thinking about what things might be like when I am twice as old as I am now.

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

you're very cool Athens eating establishment link doesn't work. how can i be nice to you, if i don't know what restraunt it is!!? hahaha... i'm just kidding. but seriously, the link doesn't work, where the gift certificate to?