Sunday, April 10, 2005

Back for now

Had a good most-of-weekend in Nashvegas. I had a nice chance to catch up with old friends, learn some things, look at apartments, and get excited (again) about what I want to do.

I came back early because I could. I was literally standing in my house before I would have been standing at the post-fest party beginning to get drunk in front of my (other) colleaugues at the next available event. That didn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I've got a little self-vision changing, and that's good.

I was sitting in a seminar this morning. I looked across the venue and saw a woman who looked profoundly like a woman who has come to mean something to me of late, and for a moment I felt completely secure... for a moment.

I am comfortable there. I am still more comfortable here and would like to keep it that way until I am not here anymore, if that is possible.

If you're not interested in what's fresh and good on country radio, "see ya' tomorrow." If you are, here are a few things I heard in town and think might be worth your download dollar. Please pay for it.

Rascal Flatts - "Fast Cars and Freedom" - Just cool, and what I have hoped the town would sound like, and now does.

Trace Adkins - "Arlington" - I haven't heard this yet. I've read the lyrics and know it is cool. I also know how many people in town, whose best interest this song's release did not serve, pulled for this tune. That makes me feel better about being involved the move.

Alan Jackson - "The Talkin' Repair Blues" - Reminds me of me, talking about me.

Bobby Pinson - "Don't Ask Me How I Know" - Just listen to it.

That is all. Things are looking up in some areas, and downright rotten in others. I'm sure they are for most.

No comments: