Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Jurisprudence

So Monday morning, I finally answered the call of my government and stepped up to the plate. Yes, I was summoned and I arrived to serve...

jury duty.

And I didn't even have a reasonable excuse. It doesn't conflict with my class schedule (crap), it won't interfere with my moving (drat), and frankly doesn't cause me a hardship in any way (sonofabitch). What's more, this isn't just any jury duty. The jury on which I have been selected to serve would be pronounced as follows by a drunk: "Grant Drury." I'm actually looking forward to it - once a week for three hours. I will not keep you updated, as that would be illegal.

The only cute girl in the pool was excused, so I am left to spend the next 16 weeks with a bunch of average-looking middle-aged people... just like me. Interesting though - one lady in the pool described her occupation as "crossing guard." Trina, let me know if a fellow student misses one of her classes due to "a legal matter."

In other news, there is none. Not unless you talk to me. Sorry Will, I'll call you back.

No comments: