Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sheauw Too

The explanation of latex will have to wait until I can get the pictures to make the words worth reading.

On Tuesday, a serious discussion of band numbers for next fall took a pleasant tangent into a semi-serious discussion of possible alternatives to the potentially lame Show 2 idea (currently: “A Tribute to Condiments”). iTunes is a boon for this sort of banter, but its ease of use soon resulted in a completely non-serious foray into a discussion which might be titled “Oooh, that was a great tune.” Regard for a piece’s idiomatic appropriateness was shortly replaced with public praise of nearly every work, coupled with private reminiscing about the era, venue, and second party to each individual’s first time making out with that particular song in the background. I even heard someone say (and I swear to all that is holy that this is true), “What about Foghat?” Ah, academia (*sighs, then abruptly coughs, realizing that he shouldn’t be sighing… who sighs anymore?… that is so March*). Many wonderful ideas were brought forth, and I greatly look forward to our discussion and subsequent dismissal of each.

My thumbnails have been growing very rapidly lately. I fear that this is a sign of a much deeper problem.

I had Drury Doody this morning, and am a little disheartened by some of the activism among the members. I can’t discuss details, but this morning we did something that resulted in a right, but we went about it in a way that I feel was very wrong. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da.

Then, after that, I had… yes, a dentist’s appointment. What a way to end the week…. Wait. Sunuva!!! (editor’s note: I just banged my head against the keyboard but kept hitting the space bar. This is unimpressive, so I have removed the result).

I then proceeded to a local high school to instructify and adjudimacate the youth of America… er, more accurately the northern half of Barrow County. While there, I learned that Mr. Band Director Guy did not know Trina’s true identity. He made me quite uncomfortable when he tried to hold me after I explained to him what a hermaphrodite was. I have health insurance for 11 more weeks, and I believe mental health is included.

5 comments:

Oob said...

My only guess on the latex is balloons.

I'm scared about the hermaphrodite comment/My brother.

Ginnie said...

uuumm... that should be a NO on the condiments show (unless you want the entire stadium to say "WTF!!??").

And that must be a really dumb band director...

Michael said...

This story reminds me of "Name-That-Tune-Napster-Fridays."

Mr. Oubre said...

Who the hell is Ginnie????? Yeah, so I didn't realize the Administrative Professional was Trina. As much as I see Gunner, Trina and the Diva in posts, I figured Trina was Gunner's wife. Not worried about hermaphrodites, just gay loving. :)

Mr. Oubre said...

Oh yeah, Brett. You just wait until you show up today....I'll show you "holding". You just wait.....