Monday, April 25, 2005

Today, I started feeling like I am retired. This can be dangerous, as there are lots of things I would like to do more of that most retired people don't do anymore.

I went in late today (that means after noon). Most of the work I am doing now is maintenance work. It is a little sad not being involved in a lot of the planning for the future, but it is how it is - probably for the best. So I went in and maintained a lot of stuff. Around 5:15, I was checking to see when I could get a Saturday tee-time for Russ, Gunner, me, and fourth to be named later. I decided it would be a good idea to hit a few golf balls around in advance of my first outing of the year.

About that time, my good friend and golfing buddy Amos walked in. We were out the door in two minutes.

I hit lots of balls and a number of them went straight. That's a good thing. After dropping him back off, I became mesmerized by the E True Hollywood Story about "Cheers." I just knew that Shelly Long had an attitude. Never did like her anyway.

I think I am going to sleep and dream about golf and not being retired. Wannamockafeefee.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Golf the sport for which swear words were invented.

Gunner said...

Given that post...perhaps there's the 4th.

Russell said...

We need a fourth and I like people that cuss.

Chris said...

id be interested but i havent played in awhile

Dave said...

when's tee time?