Friday, April 29, 2005

Gimp Golf

So I completely missed the fact that the Today show was being broadcast from Nashville this morning. That’s good… I probably would have cursed, and thrown something through my TV set. By the way, how about a shout out to Schmingular which waited until 11:32 am to deliver ln’s text message to the effect that the show was in Nash-vegas. Saaaaallluuute!

You would think a guy named Daly would be eager to play golf at 9:10 in the morning. Turns out, not so!

By the way, there is no condiment show. That was a little joke.

I made my way home after “work” today, and the Gunner called wanting to kill time. I said ok, then I proceeded to fall asleep for approximately 70 seconds. A knock, which was unmistakably Marine, interrupted me. We went to dinner at the cool new Italian place, which is where Rocky’s used to be, then ran into a friend at Broad St. Grill.

I stubbed my big toe on the sidewalk today. I would have preferred to have injured myself tripping over a grizzly bear that I had just slayed with my own hands, or to have been toppled by a Mack truck that was disabled by making too wide a turn into my ’95 Ford Explorer, but no. I became injured by walking into an inanimate object that has pretty much remained unchanged since, oh, 1995? My bad.

I look like an elderly man when I walk. The girls all love this. The tee box on 15 at UGA, however, does not.

1 comment:

Dave said...

9:10am tee time is one thing.

9:10am tee time after playing disco music until 2:00am with copious amounts of booze, quite a different thing.

Call me a puss if you like, but I'll enjoy catching a few z's.