Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Eureka (not the city or the vacuum cleaner)

I have this terrible sense of insecurity and guilt buried deep in my soul. I have been trying to figure out the source of this guilt for the better part of 31 years, and I finally have found it.

I like pop music.

Not so much the Ashlee Simpson type, though I must admit I like a lot of her songs, and that knowledge is causing me several physical symptoms, including a nasty case of gout which I won't describe any further. But I was cleaning my house (do not laugh) last night with the door open (it's rather balmy in Athens right now, parenthetically speaking of course) and running my iPod through my dinosaur stereo in the den. What selection did I play after my current "theme songs?" "Sailing" by Christopher Cross, the live version. And when the band kicked in, I smiled and said "yeah."

One might think I should keep this to myself, but I am not going to apologize for who I am anymore.

I am a pop music lover. Take me or leave me.

2 comments:

Will said...

Hey, now you have Ellen backing you up on your music choices. How can you go wrong?

Russell said...

I am so embarassed.