Thursday, January 27, 2005

State of the Whatever

This is another one of those times when I'm going to sit down and write, though I don't necessarily know that I have anything to say tonight. So, how about if I just update?

Response: "That sounds good, Brett!"

Excellent. Glad we agree.

Tomorrow is the somewhat annual trip to Savannah for the GMEA Conference. This is big because the Wind Ensemble will be performing there for the first time since 1993. I know it's unlike me to get too excited about band (the activity, not the people) these days, but I'm excited that the program is taking this step. This has needed to happen for a long time, and I'm glad it is.

We're premiering a transcription I did of an aria for soprano and winds. It's pretty, and pretty depressing. But it will be nice to be musically productive, which is my preference, versus sitting around administrating all the time. It will also be nice to conduct the WE again. I haven't done that since 2001, the "Short Ride" and Schwantner year.

Some of you who aren't still living here in God's Hometown are not going to know what I'm talking about when I say this, but I have finally given into the pressure and joined the Facebook. All that really means is that now I can talk to and keep up with a lot more people at Georgia than I have been able to in the past. So if you see some names you don't recognize popping up on comments, it's because you don't recognize them. Er, whatever.

Any case, not much creativity in me tonight. Nothing's wrong, just not really in a place where I can comment on the uselessness of toenails or give you a new quiz. Busy couple of days coming up.




1 comment:

Ginnie said...

Facebook..... it's addicting. It's worse than the AIM addiction. Be careful! ;)