Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thanks to Tony for the recognition today. I promise to list everyone on a list to the right soon (ie. - when my employment status has changed). In the mean time, please check out Tony and everyone else who is kind enough to read and respond.

Never, ever, eat meatloaf that comes from a box. For a better meal, eat the box (spray with butter, 375 on center rack for 22-13 min, allow cooling time).

My friend at athletics gave me a going-away present last night... a basketball inscribed with a note from and the signatures of our men's and women's head basketball coaches. It's tremendously cool, and I can't wait to post a picture (which means it will be 6-8 weeks).

Russ and Ellen will be joining us in Athens for the weekend for no good reason other than simply hanging out (which I think is pretty cool).

The countdown to my departure from Athens is underway, and currently sits at somewhere around 157 days.

I am beginning to think that I may take a regular old retail job in Nashvegas, rather than messing around with a teaching gig. I'm doing the math now, but I am open to suggestions other than the following:

1. Prostitution (although if you tell me I would make a good one, you might make me feel good, as long as it's the right kind... more of a Fred Garvin, and less of a RuPaul, model)
2. Pharmaceutical Sales
3. Mobile Communications Retail
4. Band Secretary
5. Custodial
6. CEO (though I will listen to the right offer)
7. Anything which contains the word "clean"

I am devoid of any other ideas today, which I suppose bodes well for my future in songwriting.

1 comment:

Russell said...

We're lookin forward to it.

I get off work tomorrow at 8 PM, so we'll be on the road by 8:30 at the latest. Sorry for the late arrival, but that's what I get for working in the Mobile Communications industry.

The Skirt boys are playin Tasty World Saturday night if we figure that we want to go or we could play a rousing game of SNL Trivial pursuit.