Monday, February 14, 2005

This went out today (without the asterisks)

(I think they should be called "astrices")

February 14, 2005

Dr. D****d L**e
Director, Sch**l of *****
The Univer$ity of *******
*** R***r R**d
A*****, ******* *****-****

Dear Dr. L**e,

I am writing to notify you of my intention to terminate my employment with the Univer$ity of ******* at the conclusion of my current contract. I am deeply grateful for my experiences at *** over the last thirteen years, and will always recall my time here with great fondness.

As you know, my departure is a result of my wish to pursue other interests. My desire to advance my songwriting career has necessitated my relocation and therefore my non-renewal of employment.

Personally, please know that I greatly respect your leadership of the Sch**l of *****. I feel that the school has a sense of “direction” that is greater than at any time since I became affiliated with it in 1992. I am enthusiastic about the future of the Sch**l of ***** under your direction.

Please also know that I greatly respect the current leadership in the **** area. J**n C********e and D***d R*****s are superior musicians, educators, administrators, and gentlemen. I have the greatest confidence in their continued stewardship of the program, and I believe the best possible future for the bands of the Univer$ity of ******* lies in the hands of these men.

Please accept my most heartfelt thanks for all you have done for the school and for me. I wish you and the Sch**l of ***** the very best, and will always be proud to have been associated with this first-rate institution.

Sincerely,



Brett ******


Cc: J**n C********e
D***d R*****s

1 comment:

Dave said...

I'm glad there are finally complimentary things to be said about the leadership in both aforementioned asterisk-laden groups.