Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The word "Hail" sounds a lot like the word "hell." Isn't that funny? Suprised no one's ever written a joke or cheesy pun using that. Hmm. Weird.

I was out getting dinner with a dear friend tonight and got caught in the hail storm. We saw a transformer (the real thing, not the toy) explode behind Publix. Pretty colors, pissed off customers. It always amazes me to see a part of a city completely dark.

As I was heading back, trying to avoid traffic lights, i decided to pull to beside a building to avoid the hail for a few minutes. Then I thought about how bad my paint job already looks, and realized that this was one of the few times that this was an advantage. While the rest of Athens-Clarke County ran for cover, I could proceed with reckless (hopefully, get it, it's a homonym) abandon and not be concerned with further damaging my clearcoat. Might be time for an income.

1 comment:

Gunner said...

Oh wait...you mean the end of "Glory" doesn't say "and hail to Tennessee!"?